19th July Covid-19 Update
It’s been a very long time for us all but hopefully, we are finally seeing some light at the end of the
tunnel! We’d, first of all, like to thank you for your continued support and understanding during the
last 18 months or so, it’s very much appreciated, it’s been hard for us all.
As we approach the 19th July and ‘Freedom Day’ we are all very aware of the final lift of restrictions.
We want to continue to keep you and our staff safe and with this in mind will be phasing our
approach between Monday 19th and the 16th August when hopefully all measures can be relaxed.
During this time and to ensure you remain confident and comfortable during your visit we will do
our very best to keep both the safety of you and our team a priority. With this in mind, we will
continue to wear facemasks and would prefer you to do the same, however, we totally understand
and appreciate it is your choice. Our hand sanitising stations will remain and as always, we will
ensure that our extremely high standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel are maintained.
We are very much looking forward to getting back to normal as much as you, as social distancing
measures are now relaxed please feel free to bring a friend, but we do ask you to be understanding
and considerate of other guests and our team and act with caution during this next phase.
As always we are here to answer any questions you may have and sincerely look forward to
welcoming you back to Taplow House in the very near future… it’s time to enjoy the summer and
we look forward to doing just that with you.
General Manager, Taplow House Hotel
Reopening Taplow House on 17th May
Taplow House Hotel is delighted to be welcoming guests back to the hotel on Monday 17th May. We want you feel as safe at the hotel as you would at home.
We have put into place enhancements to our already high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Further information of the actions we have taken can be found below. If I can be of any further help please contact me directly firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon Evans, General Manager
General Hotel Policies
- Hotel staff and guests asked to observe 1m+ social distancing whilst in the hotel
- Sanitiser and wipes available throughout hotel
- Frequent sanitising rota of high-use touch points including door handles & wiping down of all surfaces in communal areas
- Face coverings must be worn in all public areas of the hotel unless seated at a table
- All customers will be required to fill in track and trace details via our in-house form or the NHS Covid-19 QR code system
Reception/Check in/Check out
- We will be introducing a contactless check in system with registration cards emailed prior to arrival and a link to provide payment information
- Sanitiser and wipes
- All key cards sanitised and placed in envelopes for check in
- All guests to be called pre-arrival for estimated arrival time to minimise over capacity at reception
- Check out times to be requested at registration to minimise delays at reception
- Room bills to be provided prior to check out and express departure offered to all guests
- Deep clean and sanitising of all rooms on departure
- In room dining menus available on smart TV
- All staff will be using correct PPE including mask, gloves and aprons for each room cleaned
- Refresh of linen and towels for stay over guests on request basis only
Restaurants & Bars
- Table service only, drinks will not be served at the bar
- Bar and restaurants combined with all spaces available for dining or beverages
- Capacity of restaurants and bar reduced to allow 1m+ distance between tables
- Separate hand sanitising station for staff to be used before and after every table visit
- All serving staff to wear face masks
- Disposable menus discarded after use
- Our terrace has socially distanced tables and will be available for al fresco dining
- Induction and ongoing training of Covid measures with all staff trained before resuming work
- Temperature checked on arrival to hotel
- Provided PPE at the start of each shift
Taplow House to reopen from 12th April 2021
We're excited to share with you our plans for reopening our doors. In line with government guidelines, we will reopen for outdoor dining and drinks from Monday 12th April 2021. All being well, we will then look to reopen for overnight stays, indoor dining and drinks from Monday 17th May 2021.
We can't wait to welcome you back!